Quotes

"I've found that when life's brush obscures my view with gloomy strokes that seem to mar the scene, God's hand appears and gives to sunless hue and dreary skies a more majestic sheen." Gustafson

30 June 2009

DAY 146

The day is winding down and I'm chilling on the couch after a fun little 20 minute workout....again with 5 lb weights, lunges, arm & leg lifts and 150 crunches. Sadly, Chris still hasn't made it home and it's almost 10PM so I'm hoping to get my blog updated and everything in order before he walks in so I can veg with him for a bit before bed.

Eating wise, I feel really good about my food choices today. I even had an opportunity to get a Starbucks drink and didn't....huge victory! Not a major deal but I'm trying to stick to one a week AND I don't need the extra calories.

The kids and I enjoyed family dinner with Mimi and Papa and had fun swinging and hanging on the porch this evening...there was a really nice breeze. Bath time was fun as I listened to Brit make up stories with her Barbies and watched little man dump buckets of water on his head.

I'm in a spirit to share a resource that has really helped me in my "eating disorder" journey. No, I don't have a normal ED but I do have an unhealthy obsession with food and so I fall into that category. It's not talked about much because our society and culture revolves around food; mostly junk food. Anyway, my friend Constance Rhodes started FindingBalance here in Franklin and I wanted to share her website and blog link so you can check-out this incredible ministry to women who struggle with food.

www.findingbalance.com

http://blog.findingbalance.com/

Also, I got this email excerpt from Chantel Hobbs this morning and wanted to share it.

Hi there "Never Say Dieters"!

I want to talk to you this morning about attitude.
It seems to me when I look back on my own struggles, I always heard - change your attitude, attitude is everything!
While changing it or recognizing the importance of having a postive one can be important- these sayings are overrated!
Here's why:
Even with the greatest attitude in the world- without actually putting action behind it, you'll get nothing for it and go nowhere.

Here's your challenge for the week:

Find a way to DO something new each day that is going to help you get further along with your weight loss and desire to build discipline.

Try a new exercise
Add 15 minutes to your walk
Give up the second cup of coffee
Create a New Healthy Salad
Write yourself a note thanking "YOU" for taking charge of your life

You get the idea- there is no wrong THING to DO as long as it is something new and something measurable-
The goal is to end each day feeling great that you took on a challenge and backed your willing attitude with REAL action!

Much Love-
Staying the Course with YOU!
Chantel

Abundance is...a comfy couch and a quiet home...even if only for a few minutes.

1 comment:

Allison said...

I finally caught up on your posts! Great job on the non-treadmill workouts! I think those will prove to be effective :) I have two more days in this scary outside world...so ready to be in more control of things! Keep it up girl! Xo