Quotes

"I've found that when life's brush obscures my view with gloomy strokes that seem to mar the scene, God's hand appears and gives to sunless hue and dreary skies a more majestic sheen." Gustafson

15 June 2009

DAY 131

Weigh-in disaster day! Sad to say I gained 2.5 lbs this past week! URGH! I KNOW it's really NOT about the numbers on the scale but I can't help being frustrated with myself. Guess the candy and no workouts two days in a row didn't help!
All in all, it was a great day despite my not so fun weigh-in. I had another home study meeting this afternoon right after work...the kids were pretty good about occupying themselves while I sat at the kitchen table being interviewed. Happy to say I just jumped off the treadmill after 30 minutes of walking. Yay! Chris is just now heading home for a late night of work so I'm anxious to see him.
One of my dear friends reminded me about the book "Captivating" so I dusted it off this morning and began to feast again on God's truth about me as His daughter and as a woman. Deep heart stuff...really sweet.
Abundance is...butterfly kisses and giggling with Brit at bedtime...such sweet moments tonight!

1 comment:

Allison said...

Love Captivating! Maybe I'll dust mine off too :) Proud of you for getting in your workout tonight! Sometimes it's easy to give up after a "bad" weigh-in...You are moving in the right direction, though! Great job! xo