Quotes

"I've found that when life's brush obscures my view with gloomy strokes that seem to mar the scene, God's hand appears and gives to sunless hue and dreary skies a more majestic sheen." Gustafson

14 June 2009

DAY 130

Oh happy day! Today was so sweet (literally, see below)! The kids and I did our Father's Day shopping (early) and then met my dear friend for lunch at "Welcome to Moe's!" Then we hit the road for Smyrna for Brit's friend's 5th birthday party. We stayed for a few hours and had a blast. I withstood the temptations of the chocolate chip cookie at Moe's, the birthday cake and ice cream but the bag of goodies that came home with us from the party took me under (not your fault Ally, I need self-discipline!). I've done stellar on my commitment to no desserts but totally caved tonight. And to top off my sweet tooth tonight and I didn't workout. Two reasons...struggling with another migraine AND Chris and I finally made the time to watch "Fireproof." Excellent movie and so worth it!
Thankful for the new day tomorrow and a new beginning.
Abundance is...quiet moments with Chris.

2 comments:

Allison said...

Ok so now I'm feeling guilty, even though you said it's not my fault :) I DID eat the cake and ice cream, along with lots of other stuff...I'm ready for today to be a healthy day! Hope your week is a success! It was great having you guys at the party! Xo

Allison said...

Oh and p.s. Fireproof tops the list of my favorite movies! What a great story!