Quotes

"I've found that when life's brush obscures my view with gloomy strokes that seem to mar the scene, God's hand appears and gives to sunless hue and dreary skies a more majestic sheen." Gustafson

06 June 2009

Day 122

Today has been one of the most memorable days! We had a GREAT family day together. Brit and I painted each other's nails and we found a great table set for our deck. Brit's excited about eating Alfresco outside tomorrow! This afternoon before church, Chris informed me that we were having a date night. So we took the kids to church, served in the Learning Center and then left for Nashville. Sweet Mimi and Papa took over with the kids and watched them until we walked in the door about 20 minutes ago. Chris drove us to downtown Nashville and when we got out at Sat Co, he informed me we were meeting friends for dinner there in an hour. At that point, I said, "Can I ask you a question? Are we going to the Coldplay concert!?!" What an AMAZING surprise, I think everyone who's close to us has known for weeks....I on the other hand had NO clue! We walked up and down Broadway and many blocks while we waited to meet our friends so that was my workout! I can tell you now I DIDN'T eat WW friendly...their chips & queso are my favorite! The concert was absolutely incredible. We had great seats and loved Snow Patrol's show, too. The glow in the dark butterflies and yellow bouncy balls made the show really fun. Plus the band is SO interactive and engaging! So thankful to Chris for a wonderful and unexpected date night!
Abundance is...unexpected time with my hubby, great friends and wonderful parents.

2 comments:

cv said...

we had a great time with you too!! so glad the surprise stayed that way. =) Sweet dreams-

Allison said...

What a wonderful surprise! You deserve it! Sounds like you had an amazing day...