Quotes

"I've found that when life's brush obscures my view with gloomy strokes that seem to mar the scene, God's hand appears and gives to sunless hue and dreary skies a more majestic sheen." Gustafson

22 June 2009

DAY 138

Today was weigh-in day and according to our scale, I was down 1.5 lbs!! I'm tempted to chunk the scale and not weigh-in altogether and just go by the way my clothes feel since it's less obsessive. The last few days, I've started incorporating some of the things the authors of "Skinny Bitch" suggest....like eating fruit first thing in the morning - 30 minutes before anything else; eating more fruits and veggies; cutting back on meats and dairy. I consumed a lot of great foods that aren't typically on my list or in our house (I really stocked up this week at Trader Joe's!) - grapefruit, sweet potatoes, edamame (thank you, Lord for edamame!), beans & salsa, and peaches. I didn't have any meat today and the only dairy food I had was some light sour cream with my beans and salsa. I must say I feel so satisfied after a day chocked full of healthy foods! Still trying to bump up my water intake, to purify my body.
Excited to say I turned down a Sonic drink (my boss was paying and I politely said NO!) and I resisted the granola bars and crackers in the office. I even got in a 30 minute walk on the treadmill!
Abundance is...a surprise visit from Brit and Mimi at work. Made my day!

1 comment:

Allison said...

Congrats on the weigh-in! Chucking the scale is easier said than done :) I'm glad to hear that you got your workout in too! Get in that groove, girl! Xo