Quotes

"I've found that when life's brush obscures my view with gloomy strokes that seem to mar the scene, God's hand appears and gives to sunless hue and dreary skies a more majestic sheen." Gustafson

27 June 2009

DAY 142 & 143

I promise I didn't fall off the wagon, our internet was down yesterday and some of today but I'm back and ready to post about the last 2 days!

Yesterday was a busy day and I battled another migraine the majority of the day. Thus, one cappucino, one Dr. Pepper and one Caramel lite Frap later in addition to a dose of Excedrin migraine. I had another mild headache today so I did drink another Dr. Pepper. My commitment has been broken but it won't become a habit. I just know that I need caffeine with I get bad headaches and I can't always go get a pricey Starbucks drink so I opted for the cheaper, quicker route of a soda.

I found a great website by Chantell Hobbs that has some good tips and tools to help you on your lifestyle health changes. Check her out! www.chantellhobbs.com.

We had dinner last night with my former boss at EMI and his sweet family and had THE best time! We love spending time with them. They grilled out delicious steaks and we ate a pretty healthy meal of wild rice, green beans, salad and rolls. We didn't want to leave! The kids had a blast, too!

When we got home, we were greeted by a big mess in the attic. The water drain on our air conditioner overflowed so we spent a good amount of time up in the attic with the wet vac cleaning up the mess. Chris got that fixed this morning (praise the Lord he's so skilled) and was able to get our phones & internet back up today, as well. We enjoyed a great time at the pool as a family and then went to church and Cracker Barrel this evening.

Instead of the treadmill tonight, I decided to try some new exercises in my Woman's Day magazine. They included lunges, leg lifts, weights and I did 100 crunches with a weight in hand. It was a nice change from the treadmill. I really want to build muscle in my arms and get rid of the flabby parts.

Abundance is...the glorious pink sunset tonight.

No comments: