Quotes

"I've found that when life's brush obscures my view with gloomy strokes that seem to mar the scene, God's hand appears and gives to sunless hue and dreary skies a more majestic sheen." Gustafson

08 June 2009

DAY 124

Just jumped off the treadmill!! Got my 30 minute workout in...I overslept this morning so I didn't get any closet time but I just had a sweet prayer walk!
I weighed this morning and again I'm the same weight I've been for the last month or so. The weight's not going down but I'm maintaining and I was able to get into a pair a shorts I haven't worn in over a year!
Are you ready to hear a new commitment I made today?? I've decided to give up sodas again (only the 100th time in my life!). Lately, I've been drinking one a day which just isn't necessary or healthy...and I don't do diet drinks so I'm drinking lots of sugar! Typically when I feel prompted to give-up something, I would go overboard that day and then quit the next day. I desperately wanted one last Dr. Pepper today but felt like I needed to be obedient today and not wait.
The kids and I had a fun afternoon together and got to play with our neighbors before dinner.
We have a huge adoption praise! Little man's Aunt & Uncle were able to briefly meet with the head lady in the tribe on the rez today about us. They have a meeting scheduled for tomorrow night to potentially give her our letter and pictures. Please continue to pray for God's favor. Yesterday marks 1 year since God called us to move forward in adopting. It was a great day!
Abundance is...watching God move mightily!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Hey Brooke - it's Heather W., like my "code" name? :) I've been follwing your blog, I think I found the link from your hubby's blog. You are truly inspirational and so positive, I love reading your blog! I noticed you said you were giving up sodas and you don't do the diet ones, which I don't either with the exception of Diet Dr. Pepper. To me it doesn't taste like diet at all. I think it tastes more like regular Dr. Pepper...you might want to give it a shot you really can't taste the aspartame. Sorr for the long comment... :)

Allison said...

I just found out that I really like Diet Dr. Pepper Cherry :) I am trying to not drink ANY sodas, though...diet included. Maybe one a day. Great job getting your workout in! Very proud of you. Praying for things to go smoothly with the meeting, too...