Quotes

"I've found that when life's brush obscures my view with gloomy strokes that seem to mar the scene, God's hand appears and gives to sunless hue and dreary skies a more majestic sheen." Gustafson

06 May 2009

DAY 91

Hola! Back from the lake house and feeling so relaxed even though keeping up with 2 kids and a dog is hard work. But, I had plenty of help! The setting was gorgeous and it was such a blessing to get away for a few days. Needless to say, I ate well. My mom and her sisters love to cook and serve the family so we ate our fair share of deliciousness. I will say I'm SO thankful I gave up desserts BEFORE the trip. They feasted on fudge, brownies, cookies, cake and a plethora of other goodies. I did allow myself some of the most AMAZING caramel popcorn I've ever tasted. Dad said since corn is a veggie, it wasn't technically a dessert!! Ha, there I go justifying again. :)
When I weighed-in Monday morning, I had dropped 2 lbs since last week. And I'm wearing pants I haven't worn since 2007. We took a family walk last night but I didn't get in my Pilates workouts like I had hoped. The living quarters although spacious, were a little cramped in regards to Pilates moves in front of everyone.
Getting back on it tomorrow. I love feeling healthier and want to continue on faithfully.
Ready for a fresh start tomorrow...

2 comments:

Rachel said...

So proud of your 90 days and reading along has been such a blessing. I'm cheering you on from my side of the world as you continue on. I'm hoping you will keep blogging so I can feel encouraged when my own get back in shape plan starts in August!

Allison said...

So glad you are back! I've missed reading your posts :) Great job on the 2 lbs! You are amazing!