Quotes

"I've found that when life's brush obscures my view with gloomy strokes that seem to mar the scene, God's hand appears and gives to sunless hue and dreary skies a more majestic sheen." Gustafson

22 May 2009

DAY 107

What an AMAZING day from start to finish! God's been urging me to CHOOSE to get up earlier so I can spend some alone time with Him, first thing in the mornings. I actually did it this morning! I awoke early before anyone was stirring (not even a mouse! ha...just had to throw that in!), lit a candle and enjoyed a sweet time in my closet...just me and Jesus. Sitting amongst the plethora of stinky shoes (my feet get sweaty, a "blessing" I was born with!), it reminded me of how Jesus sees my sin...stinky, gross and not so fun to be around.
At work, I got a lot accomplished and then worked some on my Dad's book. He's writing a book that may one day get published and since my folks don't own (or want to own) a computer AND since I LOVE typing, I jumped at the chance to serve him by getting his book into electronic format. The section I typed today was part of my Dad's personal journey and upbringing. When I came to the entry about my Pa Bell's (my Dad's Father) death, the tears were abounding. My Pa Bell didn't know Jesus up until a few days before he had a heart attack so reading the poem that changed his life, his story and his heart was so touching. I will forever keep this poem in my family and share it as it's a testimony to my Pa Bell's recreation in Christ. These were unexpected tears giving me more of a sense of my heritage and how Jesus moves in others.
Brit's dance recital was a trip! She did an AMAZING job (considering they haven't been able to practice the last 3 weeks because the gym was flooded and they had to replace all of the flooring). It was precious to watch those little ladies jive and groove and wiggle and bow and rock n roll!
After dance, we finished our second to last foster care class with our wonderful trainer. And then enjoyed a great evening outside on the patio at Pei Wei with some of our good friends. It was the perfect night for outdoor seating. The sky over Franklin captured me on the drive home.
To top off the day, I just got finished with a 30 minute walk on the treadmill and will be spending some quality time with my hubs when he gets back from his late night scooter ride.
So thankful for a wonderful day!

1 comment:

Allison said...

Sounds like an amazing day! I saw some of Britain's recital pictures on fb. She looked SO cute! Alana keeps asking me when she can play with her again :) Congrats to you for getting your walk in, even after a long and busy day! I'm trying to motivate myself to go to the gym right now, and instead I'm reading blogs!