Quotes

"I've found that when life's brush obscures my view with gloomy strokes that seem to mar the scene, God's hand appears and gives to sunless hue and dreary skies a more majestic sheen." Gustafson

27 May 2009

DAY 112

This is by the far the EARLIEST I've ever blogged! I'll explain why in the coming entry. I was in the Word early again this morning before the kids arose. I'm so thankful for the quiet moments to listen and pray. Work flew by and then I had a MRI done on a little bump on my left forearm. My doctor doesn't seem concerned (so neither am I) but wanted to get it checked just in case. I got home from work and hung with the kids. Chris had training in Nashville today so he was home "early" for dinner which was a great treat! We watched the kids with my Pilates bands doing all kinds of moves and pulling each other around. Then, we did an early bathtime so we could all get in bed at a decent hour. The last few nights the kids have been up later than normal and I think it shows! Chris is pooped and already in bed and I'm right behind him. Sometimes we just need to slow down.
My "good" friend "George" is visiting again so I've been eating like a crazy woman today. It's a sad excuse but that always seems to be the case on his first day visiting! I really want/need to get on the "mill" downstairs but I'm choosing to rest. My body is still fighting some kind of sinus/allergy infection and I don't want it to escalate.
Abundance is...family bedtime stories reading about David and Goliath.

2 comments:

Allison said...

Thank you so much for your encouragement today! I hope that you get some good rest tonight and feel better, because I hear that "mill" calling :) You can do it! xo

cv said...

Glad your test went well. And that you got to turn in early last night. I just hope that going to bed early meant you actually fell asleep earlier and got more rest. I know how that doesn't always go hand in hand... =)