Quotes

"I've found that when life's brush obscures my view with gloomy strokes that seem to mar the scene, God's hand appears and gives to sunless hue and dreary skies a more majestic sheen." Gustafson

17 May 2009

DAY 102

I woke up this morning DETERMINED to have some quiet time even though the morning was flying by. So I sat at the kitchen table while Brit did her crafts and Wakia napped. I was truly uplifted when I read the below verses. They seemed to come alive to me because I've been feeling shame and guilt for the way I've been eating the past few days. The highlights that stick out to me are FREEDOM, do not lose heart, and renewed day by day.

2 Cor 3:17
"Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit."

2 Cor 4:1-2
"We do not lose heart. Rather, we have renounced secret and shameful ways, we do not use deception, nor do we distort the Word of God."

2 Cor 4:16
"...inwardly we are being renewed day by day."

The kids and I enjoyed a great afternoon with sweet friends and then had a fun block party in our neighborhood. It was great weekend with lots of yummy food that I inhaled!

I've got to kick it up a notch or I'm just going to continue in this same pattern over and over. Anyone want to threaten me or something? I desperately need and want to stick to my Weight Watchers plan because I know it works!

The dreaded weigh-in is tomorrow!

1 comment:

Allison said...

I don't want to THREATEN you, but I'm here to encourage! You can do it, girl! You are amazing!!! You are worth it! I'm here for ya, whatever you need...Let's face it, all of my threats are empty anyhow :) Love you, friend!