Quotes

"I've found that when life's brush obscures my view with gloomy strokes that seem to mar the scene, God's hand appears and gives to sunless hue and dreary skies a more majestic sheen." Gustafson

30 May 2009

DAY 115

Today was a fun family day together! We got out and about for a little bit this afternoon and then had church this evening followed by dinner at Moe's with Mimi and Papa. If it doesn't rain tomorrow, the kids and I are going to make our first visit to Mimi and Papa's pool in the morning. Looking forward to it!
Here comes honesty time...today was another off day regarding eating and working out. I started out eating "good" and then blew it half way through the day so I went "all out" and had a burrito, chips, sour cream and Dr. Pepper at Moe's! BUT, I will say I'm paying for it now. I'm stuffed and as much as I need to get on the treadmill, I don't have it in me tonight. The gross feeling in my tummy and the slight headache I have aren't helping my motivation level.
So, alas, I won't thrown in the towel but I WILL keep trudging on. Forward progress, just keep moving ahead, don't look back.... I chant to myself!
I won't share specifics here, but please continue praying for the adoption process. There's a good chance the tribe will be hearing from us soon via a letter Chris wrote and we're praying it gets in the right hands. Asking for God's continued favor.
Abundance is....reciting 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 with my little lady.
Abundance is....snuggle time and kisses from little man.

1 comment:

Allison said...

Today is a new day :) Don't beat yourself up! Sometimes I think we are so hard on ourselves that we forget what's really important in life...and it's not how many chips we eat or how many minutes we log on the treadmill. You can do it girl!

Hope you have a great Sunday!!!