Quotes

"I've found that when life's brush obscures my view with gloomy strokes that seem to mar the scene, God's hand appears and gives to sunless hue and dreary skies a more majestic sheen." Gustafson

23 April 2009

DAY 78

The day started early with a foster care board meeting that went so great. God revealed Himself in so many ways. I knew it would be a late night because I do a Bible Study with a dear friend Thursday nights so when I got home from work, the kids played in the bonus room while I walked on the treadmill for 35 minutes. I'm so glad I made the time today. The kids loved it! I need to do that more often to ensure it happens. I just feel guilty coming home and then not spending time with them when I've been away all day. But I'm talking with them and interacting even while I'm on the treadmill so I have to remind myself that I'm doing this to become healthier for myself and my family. The eating plan went pretty good. It's so strange but I'm not even missing sweets that much. Huge for me!
Hubby's home and I'm so excited to have him home the next two days!
Ready for the weekend!

1 comment:

Allison said...

You do have to put yourself first sometimes, which I struggle with...its not being selfish when you are doing it to be a good example for them :). Great job today!!! And yay for no sweets!