Quotes

"I've found that when life's brush obscures my view with gloomy strokes that seem to mar the scene, God's hand appears and gives to sunless hue and dreary skies a more majestic sheen." Gustafson

12 April 2009

DAY 67

What a glorious day! He has RISEN! We had a delightful day talking about Jesus and how He gives us new life. We dyed more Easter eggs; made and decorated cookies; visited a sweet friend and premie in the hospital and enjoyed Easter dinner with our family. The Veggie Tales "Easter Carol" DVD is excellent and explains the Easter message so beautifully.
Regarding the weight loss quest, I would say SABOTAGE was the word of the day. Today marked the end of my Lent fast. I've been fasting from desserts for the past 40 days. I started the day counting my points and allowing myself some sweets but by the end of the night, I was stuffing my face with goodies...hiding in the kitchen after dinner eating sweets. This is the first time in 67 days that I've reverted back to my old habits, habits that are NOT part of my goals toward FREEDOM. I confess this to you and ask for prayer as I start a new day tomorrow. I WILL get back on my WW plan tomorrow.
Praying for strength....

2 comments:

Allison said...

Praying with you! And if you want to share my journey, I have a blog at justpunch.blogspot.com

You can do it! Tomorrow is a new day!

cv said...

Humbled by your honesty, and proud of you in so many ways my friend. You will persevere! Much love-