Quotes

"I've found that when life's brush obscures my view with gloomy strokes that seem to mar the scene, God's hand appears and gives to sunless hue and dreary skies a more majestic sheen." Gustafson

14 April 2009

DAY 69

The night is good....watching an Erin McCarley video with my hubs, just got off the treadmill (walked 50 minutes, burned 525 calories and did 125 crunches), had a wonderful evening with dear friends and their precious kids.
My friend invited us over for dinner and I knew she was serving lasagna. I was really concerned about not hurting her feelings but I knew if I ate the lasagna I had no way of counting my points and I'd go over. So, I brought a Smart Ones Baked Ziti (still Italian so I could at least fit in and not make a big deal about it) and pulled her aside to tell her about my plan and that I didn't want to be rude by eating something different. She was totally supportive and I was able to stick to my points. Yay!
I will be SO relieved when the easter candy in our home goes away! It's so tempting. I typically don't buy lots of candy or junk because I don't trust myself around it. We had our last post-Easter egg hunt tonight and Brit came home with a basket full of chocolates. For all my chocolate loving friends, come on over! :)
Inching....

2 comments:

Allison said...

Great job sticking to your plan. I don't think I could do what you did...although that three cheese ziti is a fave in our house! Even Alana likes it! Keep it up!

Jennifer said...

Good job planning ahead! Awesome!