Quotes

"I've found that when life's brush obscures my view with gloomy strokes that seem to mar the scene, God's hand appears and gives to sunless hue and dreary skies a more majestic sheen." Gustafson

26 March 2009

DAY 50

I can't believe it's been 50 days....technically, only 40 to go (although I've said many times before that I don't want to end this quest at day 90!).

Confessions of a caffeine addict ONLY when it comes to migraines: A migraine was coming on strong this morning so I downed a can of Coke and a Caramel Cafe Latte chased by a DELICIOUS Merridee's cinnamon roll! Excess yes, BUT it worked!

These past few weeks I feel like I've taken about 10 steps back. But I watched a video clip of Mike Weaver, of Big Daddy Weave, this morning that encouraged me a lot. He was basically saying how he has a tendency to NOT do something (he was pertaining to a workout) if he knows he can't do it perfectly (45 minute workout vs. 20 minute workout). So today he chose to do what he could instead of NOTHING at all. So, that's what I did tonight. It was getting close to 10PM and I still hadn't done any workout. I'm thankful to say I chose to do my 20 minute Pilate workout tonight instead of NOTHING at all!! Victory!!

I'm hesitant to put this on here for you to read but I desperately NEED the accountability. As of today, I've decided that tomorrow (3.27.09) I will start back on Weight Watchers. I was on it consistently for about 4 months in 2007 and lost a little over 25 lbs. That was the best I've felt in a long time and I truly felt FREE! Even on this 90 in 09 commitment, I'm still not structured enough to lose the weight I need to. I keep seeing myself in pictures and reality is not fun! I think the WW plan worked SO well for me because I'm a structured person. I "enjoyed" keeping track of my points and it REALLY helped me with portion control. I've never attended a meeting (it's a little too pricey for our budget) BUT there are tons of web resources that are so helpful. So dear friends and family, as of tomorrow, I will officially start back on Weight Watchers. I've tried many times before this past year with no avail. PLEASE ask me how it's going the next time you see me!!

Signing off for tonight....

1 comment:

cv said...

I'll ask you how it's going girl. Can't wait to catch up a little...gotta figure out how we're gonna do that!

Love you-
cv