Quotes

"I've found that when life's brush obscures my view with gloomy strokes that seem to mar the scene, God's hand appears and gives to sunless hue and dreary skies a more majestic sheen." Gustafson

09 March 2009

DAY 33

Sadly, my morning started around 1:30AM from a migraine that started yesterday and woke me up in the middle of the night. I often find myself in the bathroom getting sick from migraines, as was the case last night. So I was weary when I woke up due to lack of sleep but thankfully my migraine was gone this morning!
When I weighed in, I was in a lower weight range that I haven't seen in about 4 months so that was exciting....I was on the high end of it but still it's a small victory to see some progress from being more disciplined in my food consumption.
I kept track of my food/beverage intake and although I'm emotional tonight, I haven't even considered turning to food...a huge victory! I even said "no" to a delicious looking cupcake at dinner!!
It feels so freeing to look back over the last 33 days and realize that I've not been hiding when I eat AND I don't feel the level of shame I've felt in the past controlled by my food addiction.
I'm so grateful for this quest and the way God is redirecting my path...I'm learning who I am, quite possibly for the first time in my life and more of who He is.
Another step forward....

2 comments:

cv said...

Just wanted you to know that I noticed you passed on the cupcakes, and I was proud of you. It brought a smile to my face thinking of how strong you were! I would have passed with you, had they not been made for me - I would have felt bad to say no!
I love you girl.
cv

Brooke said...

Thanks for your encouraging words! They looked so amazing! :) Love YOU!