Quotes

"I've found that when life's brush obscures my view with gloomy strokes that seem to mar the scene, God's hand appears and gives to sunless hue and dreary skies a more majestic sheen." Gustafson

12 March 2009

DAY 36

I'm trying to find JOY in the midst of sleet and cold, dreary days! My heart so wants the warmth back.

No workout today but I actually peeled myself out of bed early this morning and spent time in my closet with my Bible, prayer list and journal. It was so sweet!

I read...
Joshua 1:9
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord Your God will be with you wherever you go."

It's not normal for me to be terrified, but I do get discouraged a lot. I love the power in this verse and the reminder that in the depths of discouragement, Jesus is there.

God revealed a few glimmers of encouragement today as the story of baby Thunder continues to unfold. Hope lives on in my heart!

I was craving a Sonic latte (or something hot from Starbucks) and chocolate like crazy today BUT did not cave in to the pull of those temptations! :)

Onward....

No comments: