Quotes

"I've found that when life's brush obscures my view with gloomy strokes that seem to mar the scene, God's hand appears and gives to sunless hue and dreary skies a more majestic sheen." Gustafson

25 March 2009

DAY 49

God brought me back to the below verse yesterday morning and it's been my prayer as we've been waiting on Baby Thunder.

Psalm 27:13-14
"I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord."

We are so, so thankful to have little man back with us. He has done beautifully and went down again tonight without a fuss. I'm grateful things seem to be going smoothly for him as he's adjusting.

Now on to my quest....the part I've been avoiding. I'm not intentionally avoiding my workouts or quiet times, I just haven't made the time lately and my days keep getting away from me. I'm especially worried about how I will juggle these priorities now that life is more full (and I'm NOT complaining when I say this). I'm still feeling freedom from the overwhelming control I felt food had on me but still struggle with portion sizes and that combined with little to no workouts isn't good!

I read the below blog on the 90 in 09 website today and it couldn't have come at a better time!

From www.90in09.com-
"Patience is the main ingredient for perseverance. The Bible says, “But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.”4 Anything worth achieving, any struggle or challenge, requires patience. We don’t plant a garden, and then expect a crop overnight. We give the invisible time to become visible. The Bible says, “A farmer patiently waits for his valuable crop to grow from the earth and for it to receive the autumn and spring rains. You, too, must be patient. Do not give up hope.”5

From Journey to Freedom Founder Scott Reall:
We can plant healthy habits, but we must not expect instant results. Persevere with patience, knowing that in due time your new healthy habits will produce a crop of rewards. Addictions become easier to resist. The pounds will come off. Destructive patterns lose their grip. But it won’t happen unless we are patient. Another verse in the Bible states, “we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces
perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character, hope” (Romans 5:3–4 NKJV). It’s a natural progression. Francie Larrieu Smith competed in her fifth Olympic event as a marathon hopeful at the age of 39. In a Sports Illustrated article, she spoke about a race, “that’s what gives me the old hope, if I can see the finish line I can always find something.”6 When we see the finish line we can muster up the strength to get there. When everything in us says to just lie down and quit, we can draw from God the strength to finish. To persevere, let patience have time to work. The Bible says, “And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart.”7

Thank you, Jesus, for these verses and reminders to persevere with patience.

Moving forward...

No comments: