Quotes

"I've found that when life's brush obscures my view with gloomy strokes that seem to mar the scene, God's hand appears and gives to sunless hue and dreary skies a more majestic sheen." Gustafson

13 March 2009

DAY 37

Today has been a fun day! I met Chris and Brit at the mall for lunch (after I got off work), we shopped a little and then I got Brit dressed up in her Princess dress for her date night with Daddy. They went to a Daddy/Daughter dance at our church and had a blast! I met one of my closest friends for dinner at Pei Wei and enjoyed a girls night out!
I'm bursting to share the scriptures and excerpts I read this morning. So much to share and all of these really hit home today.

Psalm 112:7-8
"He will have NO fear of bad news; His heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord. His heart is secure, he will have no fear."

Psalm 40:1-2
"I waited patiently for the Lord; He turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire."

Psalm 119:109
"Though I constantly take my life in my hands, I will not forget Your law."

Psalm 18:36 says of our God, "You enlarge my steps under me, and my feet have not slipped."

The below excerpt comes from Beth Moore's book, "Get Out of That Pit"...

"Scripture defines stronghold as any and "every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God." 2 Corinthians 10:5. Anything that dwarfs His truth and knowledge in your imagination is a stronghold. A stronghold is something you have. A pit is somewhere you life. Defeat becomes a lifestyle. Addiction is not satan's goal - destruction is. He wants to destroy our lives, our callings, our sense of godly significance, our personal intimacy with God and every relationship that matters to us. The movement toward destruction is progressive, from one tiny step to the next in little increments that you don't even notice. A person can be addicted to substances, behaviors and relationships."

Still no desserts today and I ordered a kids portion at dinner so I wouldn't gorge myself. I even walked 1 hour on the treadmill tonight (it helps that Channel 45 - TLC kept me occupied while I walked!).

Looking forward to a new day....

No comments: