Quotes

"I've found that when life's brush obscures my view with gloomy strokes that seem to mar the scene, God's hand appears and gives to sunless hue and dreary skies a more majestic sheen." Gustafson

06 March 2009

DAY 30

I so needed this encouragement today. Here's an excerpt from today's My Utmost for His Highest devotional.

" . . in much patience, in tribulations, in needs, in distresses —2 Corinthians 6:4

We lose interest and give up when we have no vision, no encouragement, and no improvement, but only experience our everyday life with its trivial tasks. The thing that really testifies for God and for the people of God in the long run is steady perseverance, even when the work cannot be seen by others. And the only way to live an undefeated life is to live looking to God. Ask God to keep the eyes of your spirit open to the risen Christ, and it will be impossible for drudgery to discourage you."

The words that stand out to me are PERSEVERANCE and UNDEFEATED. Two things I want to be true of myself...that I persevere and live an undefeated life. These have not be evident in my life up until recently.

My time in the Word was brief this morning but I was hunkered down in my closet (once I finally rolled out of bed!) reading and praying. I love God's message in Psalm 62:8 "Help me to trust in You at ALL times and pour out my heart to You, for You are my refuge."

For the most part, I chose healthy options today. I stayed away from sweets and wasn't even tempted by Britain's chocolate chip cookie at Moe's (and I usually always get one with my meal!).

A dear friend is coming in for the weekend so I'm waiting up for her. More to say tomorrow....

No comments: