Quotes

"I've found that when life's brush obscures my view with gloomy strokes that seem to mar the scene, God's hand appears and gives to sunless hue and dreary skies a more majestic sheen." Gustafson

07 March 2009

DAY 31

Today has been a FUN day! Brit had dance this morning so that's always the highlight of our Saturday mornings. Our dear friend from NC is visiting this weekend so we strolled through downtown Franklin, enjoyed the gorgeous day and ate lunch at our favorite local bakery, Merridee's. Then we went to church tonight and to a friend's house for dinner with a great group of people we're just getting to know. It was the perfect night for appetizers on the back patio by the fire pit. I wish this weather was here to stay! All in all, I was able to use self-control and even politely turned down brownies and ice cream after dinner!! I did enjoy half of a fat free cinnamon roll from Merridee's with lunch but it's FAT FREE and they're AMAZING! :)

We're in the book of 1 Thessalonians at church and our pastor specifically spoke about JOY tonight. I took away three points that really made me think about JOY in a different way and ask the question of myself that he posed, "Am I joyful?"
*JOY is a choice, not a feeling.
*JOY is a response.
*JOY is uncontaminated by selfishness or worldly motives.

I was up until 3AM last night chatting and catching-up with my dear friend and then up at 6:45AM with BEB...and now with the time change tonight, I'm going to be a zombie tomorrow!!!

Excited about the new day...

No comments: