Quotes

"I've found that when life's brush obscures my view with gloomy strokes that seem to mar the scene, God's hand appears and gives to sunless hue and dreary skies a more majestic sheen." Gustafson

03 March 2009

DAY 27

I attended a friend's Memorial service this morning; worked all day; enjoyed our family dinner with Mimi & Papa; went to a Russia mission meeting to learn about a summer mission opportunity this evening; read Brit a bedtime story; did 20 minutes of Pilates and just had an unexpectedly long and really good conversation with Chris...we wanted to get in bed by 10:30 but alas it's pushing midnight! I was able to bake a batch of tollhouse chocolate chip cookies today at work for a band and NOT eat a single bite! This is huge for me!

My emotions have been high today because we found out the courts granted Baby Thunder's Aunt & Uncle custody of him until his parents are deemed "fit" by the state. I want so desperately to go visit him. Tears are plentiful these days.

Just wanted to give you a brief snapshot of my day.

Ready for another day....

1 comment:

sarah said...

hey brooke!

i just wanted to tell you that i have been stalking your journey and have been really encouraged by it. thanks for being so open.

have a good day!!!!
sarah