Quotes

"I've found that when life's brush obscures my view with gloomy strokes that seem to mar the scene, God's hand appears and gives to sunless hue and dreary skies a more majestic sheen." Gustafson

16 March 2009

DAY 40

40 days and 5 lbs lighter! Ok, honestly, not the results I had hoped for but slow and steady is the goal. I want this 90 day commitment to be lifelong. I will say that the attack has gone from my food addiction to other areas in my life that have caused pain and struggle. I'm grateful for the strength God is giving me in the midst of these struggles; if it weren't so, I guess I wouldn't be growing and maturing spiritually.

No desserts today (yay!); no workout (I'm giving my legs a rest since I've had 3 intense days on the treadmill) and no time in the Word (no excuse, I over slept and then have been going non-stop all day). Even now, Chris and I just finished meeting with Baby Thunder's Uncle so the last 2 hours have been really good yet heavy as we consider where God is leading us next.

Inching....

2 comments:

cv said...

Oh girl - we were talking about you guys last night, and have been praying for you as you re-open some doors...that God's grace would cover you, His love & peace fill your hearts and that the path would be SO clear.
We love you!

Brooke said...

Thank you sweet friend...when I read your message this morning, it brightened my day! Love you!