Quotes

"I've found that when life's brush obscures my view with gloomy strokes that seem to mar the scene, God's hand appears and gives to sunless hue and dreary skies a more majestic sheen." Gustafson

24 July 2009

DAY 169 & 170

It was going on midnight last night when I started slowing down and then Comcast decided to disable phones & internet from 12AM-7AM this morning! I missed my post last night and wanted to take this time to go ahead and post for today, as well. Tonight I plan on being with my family as much as possible.

We had our team packing party at the church last night and it seems my suitcase (which I borrowed from the church) malfunctioned so someone graciously let me borrow another one. Chris, being the "pack daddy" layered and packed all 45 lbs of my "ish" so beautifully! I'm afraid to take it out...I know it'll never look the same once I start rummaging around in there.

Brit's 2nd swim lesson went really well yesterday! The teacher "forced" her underwater to swim and kick on her own and Brit wasn't a big fan. She cried three different times but sometimes that's the only way we'll learn. If we push off into unknown waters and learn to float on our own. I think I can relate to Brit. It's scary and no fun when you go deep. I feel the same way about leaving for Russia. It's unknown, scary and risky and I'll be in deep waters...probably in over my head at times but just as Brit has her teacher and the steps close for safety, I KNOW God has wrapped Himself around me as I push off into unknown waters. Clinging to Him like Brit would cling to her Elmo float!

Another post coming your way on August 3rd after I return.....

Abundance is...leaving little notes for my family to read while I'm away!

1 comment:

Allison said...

Hoping you have a safe and amazing trip! Will be praying for you and your family! Love you xo