Quotes

"I've found that when life's brush obscures my view with gloomy strokes that seem to mar the scene, God's hand appears and gives to sunless hue and dreary skies a more majestic sheen." Gustafson

13 July 2009

DAY 159

I'm excited to share that I DID in fact get up right when my alarm clock woke me up at 5:45AM! And I was out the door walking our hilly street (6 laps to be exact) for a little over 30 minutes. It was a "cool" morning, the rising sun was beautiful! After my walk, I came in and spent some time in the Word and in prayer until I heard little man's chatter. It was such a sweet time!

I don't normally post my meals by I ate really well today, mixing carbs and proteins with every meal and wanted to share.
Breakfast:
Protein bar & banana plus an 8oz Mcafe Mocha from McDonald's (free)
Snack:
Apple slices & peanut butter
Lunch:
Veg chili (I tried mixing a small can of tomato sauce, kidney beans, diced tomatoes and rotel and it turned out delicious), low fat cottage cheese, blueberries & carrots with sundried tomato hummus (I'm not a huge fan of cottage cheese but mixed in with the chili it was really good...a lot like sour cream in chili)
Snack:
Trailmix (peanuts, almonds, raisins & a few M&Ms from Trader Joe's)
Dinner:
Homemade low fat chicken salad (grapes, almonds, carrots, dill, light mayo, lemon juice) with lettuce on a whole wheat english muffin, asian broccoli slaw, grapes & Ovaltine (it contains a lot of nutrients and is really tasty mixed in fat free milk)

All of my helpings were much smaller than normal. Usually I go back for seconds but was really satisfied after these filling foods).

It's been a really great day. The kids were good sports making a few deliveries to some friends and then we made some crafts together. Chris rolled in at 6:45PM! I was floored....it's been so nice having him home all night. The kids love hanging on their Daddy when he's around.

I just finished Bible Study with a dear friend and I'm wrapping up things so I can get in bed soon.

Abundance is...listening to Brit's sweet song about God and her blessing that lasted about 2 minutes!

1 comment:

Allison said...

Congrats on a great day! Sounds like you are doing fantastic! Keep it up, girl! xo