Quotes

"I've found that when life's brush obscures my view with gloomy strokes that seem to mar the scene, God's hand appears and gives to sunless hue and dreary skies a more majestic sheen." Gustafson

11 July 2009

DAY 157

I don't think I've seen 5:45AM in a long time until this morning! It was glorious and overcast...perfect for our neighborhood yard sale. I was able to get rid of some stuff and make a little moo-la for Russia!
Brit helped me shop some more for my trip this afternoon. Today she decided to take some of her own money to Michael's and "blow it" on crafts. We had a mini-breakdown in the process but for the most part she's a big helper.
The message at church tonight was based on Psalm 26 about standing on level ground. Our teaching pastor asked the question, "What does God think of me?" My natural, sinful thoughts always look to the world first to see what others think of me. I must embrace what's true about me...embrace reality. That's what God sees. He sees the choices I've made (good and bad) that are my reality. David's heart (in this Psalm) was not divided. He was standing on level ground.
The food choices I've made today have not been the best. This is SUCH a struggle for me! The reality is I will ALWAYS be faced with food temptations until the day I die. I did, however, manage to get myself on the treadmill tonight for 35 minutes followed by 100 beautiful crunches!
Please keep Chris in your prayers. He's got a bad head cold that has wiped him out this weekend and he has to be at work early tomorrow. He's got such a strenuous job with long hours so I'm praying for God to renew his strength and heal his body.
Abundance is....hearing Britain talk about Heaven. Mommy, "will my stuffed animals be there? Will I have my clothes?" :)

1 comment:

Allison said...

Great job on getting your workout in! That's more than I can say for myself :) I'm ready to have a yard sale when I get home now...I want some moo-lah, too :) AND some more space! xo