Quotes

"I've found that when life's brush obscures my view with gloomy strokes that seem to mar the scene, God's hand appears and gives to sunless hue and dreary skies a more majestic sheen." Gustafson

22 July 2009

DAY 167 & 168

Man, what a WONDERFUL evening with dear friends! The most amazing shish-ca-bobs (haven't a clue how you spell it!). Followed by ice cream and brownies and YES, I had some!! It was truly a blessing to have a night away from packing to just hang with an amazing family of five. Their 3 kids (ages 21, 19 & 15) loved on our kids and entertained them while I chatted with the adults. It was delightful! I just hate Chris didn't make it....he's still not home and it's 10:30PM. Long, rainy day at work for him.

I'm packing up my craft trunk and suitcase tonight for our packing party at the church tomorrow night. The countdown is ON!

After Friday, I won't get to blog until the 3rd! We only get a total of 10 minutes on the SAT phone while we're in Russia to call home and I won't be taking my cell so it's going to be hard enough not speaking with Chris and the kids for 9 days! Please pray for my heart to be at peace, I know I will miss them like crazy and I don't want that to take away from being in the moments with the people we're serving.

Abundance is...listening to Britain rattle off what she wants to be when she grows-up: teacher, doctor, dentist, guard ("who goes there? who goes there?"), and a fire truck girl!!!

1 comment:

Allison said...

I've finally got my internet back! :) I am excited for you and your trip, and you can know I will be praying for you AND your family while you are gone! You are going to have an amazing time!!! xo