Quotes

"I've found that when life's brush obscures my view with gloomy strokes that seem to mar the scene, God's hand appears and gives to sunless hue and dreary skies a more majestic sheen." Gustafson

15 July 2009

DAY 160 & 161

So I skipped out on my blog last night...mainly because it was super late when I went to bed AND because I didn't get my workout in yesterday. I'm just now finishing up some craft projects I'm working on for Russia so it's another late night and we have to be at the hospital at 6AM so little man can get tubes.
I did manage to pep talk my way to the treadmill tonight for 30 minutes. I had NO desire to workout but alas I pushed through.
Eating the past two days has been pretty good. Still working on adding more fruits and veggies everyday. Brit tried celery, almonds and strawberries (and liked them all!) the past few days. AND she ASKED for cucumbers at dinner last night and tonight. The best part is she ate them without dip! I offered it to her but she refused. So, so thankful she's developing a taste for yummy, healthy veggies & fruits early on.
Brit is spending the night at Mimi & Papa's since we have such an early appointment tomorrow so the house has been super quiet tonight. It felt weird, yet refreshing to have little man in bed by 8:30 and have the rest of the evening to get things done. Laundry, workout, crafts, etc.
Abundance is....observing Brit's excitement and awe as she gazed upon God's beautiful rainbow this afternoon.

2 comments:

Allison said...

Proud of you for pushing through your workout, even when you didn't want to! That's what counts!

Praying for "little man" and the rest of the family!

xoxo

Rachel said...

You are really doing so great. Your honesty is still so refreshing to me. I'm gonna be looking to you for inspiration as my own weight loss/healthy living journey is about to go full on.

I hope the surgery went well...I think it's probably already past time. :)