Quotes

"I've found that when life's brush obscures my view with gloomy strokes that seem to mar the scene, God's hand appears and gives to sunless hue and dreary skies a more majestic sheen." Gustafson

13 February 2009

DAY 9

Yay the weekend's here! I'm a little fearful on the eve of Valentine's Day as I know I'll be faced with numerous temptations tomorrow. BUT, I've already got a few healthier treats in mind to share with my family tomorrow so I can still have something sweet.

Here's a little of my journal entry from earlier today...

I've pushed off shore and I'm not going back. I have believed so many lies and fought with my inner critic for too long. I was settling and getting pretty comfortable in my excess fat because I thought I could NEVER change. I believed that God could heal others but didn't have the faith to believe He could heal me, too. But I also haven't had the intrinsic motivation (as Scott Reall calls it) to make the life change until now. The bondage is stifling and shameful. I relate to Paul so well in that the things I've wanted to change I haven't been able to. I WANT out of this pit! Lord rescue me!

HIGHLIGHTS
*45 minutes of Pilates (it was hilarious watching Britain try to do them with me!)
*At Moe's Southwest Grill tonight, I opted for rice instead of chips and no cookie (both of these are things I typically get with my burrito but actually wasn't tempted by them at all tonight...again, very rare for me!)
*Tracking my water and food intake continues to be so helpful.
*I turned down a fudge sample at Costco tonight....woohooo!!! Silly but it's seriously a BIG deal for me to turn down food, especially when it's free!!!

Inching ahead....

No comments: