Quotes

"I've found that when life's brush obscures my view with gloomy strokes that seem to mar the scene, God's hand appears and gives to sunless hue and dreary skies a more majestic sheen." Gustafson

22 February 2009

DAY 18

My morning started in the Word with these two verses....they both brought so much encouragement to my heart.

2 Cor 2:14
"Thank You, God, for Your willingness to lead me to triumph."

Psalm 138:8
"The Lord WILL fulfill His purpose for me; Your love, O Lord, endures forever - do not abandon the works of Your hands."

God WANTS me to triumph!! I love that and I can really tell a difference in my moments. I'm making wiser choices and saying NO to food that I've never been able to deny before. We've had a bag of chocolate chips in the house since last Sunday (a week ago!) and Brit and I are still working on them. I've been allowing myself a small handful a day, as opposed to downing the whole bag in 2 days!! Since I made the 90in09 commitment 18 days ago, food hasn't had the loud, tempting voice it used to have. It truly is miraculous! And the same Ben & Jerry's tub of ice cream is STILL in the freezer, amazing!

HIGHLIGHTS
*45 minutes on the treadmill; 20 minutes of Pilates with Brit (she loves doing it with Mommy, she tries!)
*Cleaned the house with Brit hot on my heels helping me dust, vacuum and clean-up (I'm sure I burned some calories!)
*I'm continuing to pray about going on a mission trip to Russia or Mexico this year. God closed the door for me to go to Peru.
*I wanted a Sonic latte SO BADLY tonight after our Target trip (mostly because I was getting a migraine and knew the caffeine would help) but knew that my one a week commitment doesn't start over again until tomorrow. A Sonic run is in the near future!

Inching....

No comments: