Quotes

"I've found that when life's brush obscures my view with gloomy strokes that seem to mar the scene, God's hand appears and gives to sunless hue and dreary skies a more majestic sheen." Gustafson

21 February 2009

DAY 16

It's midnight people!! I'm about to roll into bed but JUST NOW got home! I had a pretty productive day: worked until 12:30, came home - hung with Britain and did pilates; got my Passport picture made at Walgreens, got a hair cut, we met Chris at Cracker Barrel for dinner and then I went to Encores & More (a HUGE indoor consignment sale) for their pre-opening sale. A sweet friend gave me a pass to go tonight before it opens to the public tomorrow. I got there around 7:30 and JUST got home! I was able to find some great deals and stock up on gifts for Brit's birthday in March. It was worth it but I'm pooped. (I don't typically share details about the events in my day but felt it was needed tonight!).

HIGHLIGHTS:
*Spent time in the Word and in prayer this morning before work
*Pilates for 20 minutes
*Didn't OD on food at Cracker Barrel (I usually eat at least 2 biscuits and tonight I had whole wheat sourdough toast and only some scraps of Brit's biscuit).
*No afternoon snack - which is rare for me but I wasn't hungry.
*Continuing to track my food and water intake - which is SO helpful!

Ephesians 1:17
"Now grant me the Spirit of wisdom and revelation that I may know You better."

A few weeks ago, one of our teaching Pastors included the below prayer in our program and it moved me this morning when I read it.

It's an old Franciscan prayer....

"May God bless us with discomfort at easy answers,
half-truths, and superficial relationships, so that
we may live deep within our hearts.

May God bless us with anger at injustice, oppression,
and exploitation of people, so that we may work for
justice, freedom and peace.

May God bless us with tears to shed for those who suffer
from pain, rejection, starvation and war, so that we may
reach out our hands to comfort them and turn their pain
into joy.

And may God bless us with enough foolishness to believe
that we can make a difference in this world, so that we
can do what others claim cannot be done."


Turning in for the night....back up in 6 hours to get
ready for Brit's dance class! :)

The quest continues....

No comments: