Quotes

"I've found that when life's brush obscures my view with gloomy strokes that seem to mar the scene, God's hand appears and gives to sunless hue and dreary skies a more majestic sheen." Gustafson

09 February 2009

DAY 5

I have a ritual every morning when I wake...I walk down the dark hall in the early morn, open the blinds in the dining room, and look out with wonder at the sky. This morning was no exception to God's creative works. The sky was painted in pinks and reds...it was gorgeous! As I read and study God's word, I occasionally look up and out the window in front of me at God's creation. I've felt so connected to God these past 5 days. As I read this morning, these verses about living in a pit really struck me.

Psalm 40:2-3

"He lifted me out of the slimy pit out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord."

I'm in desperate need of deliverance and decided to look up the meaning online. Here's what I found out...

DELIVERANCE means recovery or preservation from loss or danger; rescue.

I feel guilt and shame because I feel like I've lost so much of myself living with my food addiction. A friend said a quote tonight that really hit me. He said, "A quest is getting in the boat and never looking back." I am on a quest....to find my true self and to know God.

HIGHLIGHTS
*For the first time ever, I didn't dread going to our weekly community group meeting. Dread because in the past I knew that the dinners we enjoyed together would be so tempting for me to handle. Tonight, however, I ate in moderation and even enjoyed a small piece of cake. It was so empowering!!
*It's late and I'm beat so I didn't get my workout in today. My goal is to workout 4 times a week. So far I've worked out 3 times since Thursday so I have one more exercise time to schedule before this Thursday.
*I've noticed that while I'm cooking dinner or making Britain's snacks, I'm not eating or grazing as I go. This is a HUGE deal in that my normality is to eat mindlessly all the time, even if I'm not hungry.

I'm so grateful for baby steps and for this quest God has me on!

No comments: