Quotes

"I've found that when life's brush obscures my view with gloomy strokes that seem to mar the scene, God's hand appears and gives to sunless hue and dreary skies a more majestic sheen." Gustafson

17 February 2009

DAY 13

In my morning read, these were the scriptures that I read....

Psalm 27:1
"The Lord is the stronghold of my life - of whom shall I be afraid?"

For SO long, FOOD has been my stronghold, NOT the Lord. But I don't have to be afraid any longer. God is inviting me to trust Him in this process.

Mark 9:23-24
"You have told me everything is possible for him who believes. Help me overcome my unbelief."

Psalm 19:12-13
"Keep your servant also from willful sins; may they not rule over me."

Joshua 1:9
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."

"Living up in the fresh air and sunshine (out of the pit) where your feet are firm upon the Rock and your head is above your enemy's is not for the fainthearted. It's for those who make up their minds." - Beth Moore "Get Out of That Pit"

I'm on a quest...I've made up my mind!

HIGHLIGHTS
*I noticed that I felt more hungry today than I have in the last 12 days but also realized I didn't drink as much water as I have been. Food was more tempting today but I used willpower and didn't let the temptations take over.
*35 minutes on treadmill

Inching...

No comments: