Quotes

"I've found that when life's brush obscures my view with gloomy strokes that seem to mar the scene, God's hand appears and gives to sunless hue and dreary skies a more majestic sheen." Gustafson

10 February 2009

DAY 6

"I have come that they may have life and have it to the fullest."
John 10:10

This verse gives me so much hope!

HIGHLIGHTS:
*I experienced Curious Gourmet (a fancy cupcake shop) in downtown Franklin for the first time today. I quickly went in to buy 2 cupcakes for someone's birthday and while I was ordering, the head chef was in the process of giving me a FREE shortbread cookie to try and I stopped her! It was so FREEING to say NO! I still can't believe I uttered the words, No thank you, not today! There's a few things you need to know about me: I NEVER say NO to food; I LOVE cupcakes (or anything sweet for that matter) and I NEVER turn down FREE food! So, this was a monumental moment for me! :)
*No snacking while cooking dinner. This is a whole new world for me and definitely not the norm.....yet!
*I allowed myself 3 Valentine cookies Brit made after dinner.
*Worked out 25 minutes on the treadmill.

Inching forward....

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I love it! I'm going to keep checking in and will let you know how I decide to handle my own journey.

Brooke said...

YAY, I'm so excited about the quest God has in store for you! I love you sweet friend!