Quotes

"I've found that when life's brush obscures my view with gloomy strokes that seem to mar the scene, God's hand appears and gives to sunless hue and dreary skies a more majestic sheen." Gustafson

15 February 2009

DAY 11

What a sweet day! I started the morning out in the Word and felt God speaking so clearly to me about the story of Daniel. I read it to Brit last night in her little Bible story book so it was fresh in my mind. To some degree, I think I can relate to Daniel who was thrown into the lion's den. In Brit's Bible story book, it describes Daniel in a pit with hungry lions surrounding him. Oh the reality and how it parallels with my life! I feel like I've been in a deep, dark pit surrounded by hungry lions ready and willing to tear me up and spit me out. They've been on my heels and in my face for YEARS! Then, last week, God in all His grace and mercy, rolled away the boulder, the barricade over the pit and welcomed me out. He stretched His loving hand down into the darkness and gracefully drew me out. Daniel was not destroyed and neither was I. I've been taunted and tormented on every side, but I haven't been alone in the darkness.

2 Corinthians 3:18
"Help me to keep my face continually unveiled before You and cause me to reflect that glory. Continue transforming me into Your likeness with ever-increasing glory which comes from You, Lord."

CONFESSIONS OF A SWEET TOOTH:
*I allowed the leftover Angel Food Cake from last night have control over me and had some for brunch AND after dinner. I also had 2 small peppermint patties and 1 TBSP of semi-sweet chocolate chips.

HIGHLIGHTS
*Brit was my little shopping buddy today and did a great job helping me in three different stores. As we were paying for our groceries at Trader Joe's (my favorite store!), our cashier stuck a bouquet of beautiful peach roses in my buggie! He explained that they had an overstock of Valentine roses and were giving them away! What a sweet, unexpected blessing!
*Sweet Papa (my father-in-law) surprised us with a delicious pork loin for dinner. It went great with brown rice and stir fry veggies from Trader Joe's....it was a deliciously, healthy meal!
*I got in a 42 minute workout on the treadmill.

I love these lyrics from a song called "Made for the Journey"
"So we thirst for freedom
Grace gives us our taste
Until we reach the table
Until we've shed these chains."

I overheard Brit chatting to herself this morning while I was reading and here's what she said...I'm still trying to make sense of it but it struck me...

"Sometimes it's a little crazy,
Sometimes it's a little easy,
Sometimes I can get stuff out."
-BEB

"Inch by inch we fight..."
-"Made for the Journey"

No comments: