Quotes

"I've found that when life's brush obscures my view with gloomy strokes that seem to mar the scene, God's hand appears and gives to sunless hue and dreary skies a more majestic sheen." Gustafson

25 February 2009

DAY 21

I'm weary and my head hurts but I refuse to go to bed until I post this blog!!! :)

When I looked up at the clock this morning during my quiet time, it was 6:33AM. The time 6:33 has ALWAYS been significant in my life because Matthew 6:33 "Seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you," was/is my family's life verse. A smile comes to face every time I glance at the clock randomly and see 6:33!

During my time in the Word, I read Psalm 42:5 and was filled with hope and praise.

"Lord, help me not to be downcast or disturbed from within. I can put my hope entirely in you, Lord, and I will keep praising You, my Savior and my God."

Today is Ash Wednesday and I've been thinking about the meaning of Lent and what it would look like for me to give up something for 40 days. The question of WHAT has been nagging at me all day. Lord, show me has been my prayer!

HIGHLIGHTS
*A dear friend surprised me with my favorite Starbucks drink and a visit at work! She brightened my day!! I treasure God's unexpected blessings!
*No workout today but I have worked out 4 times this week. Tomorrow is weigh-in day!

Tromping ahead...

No comments: