Quotes

"I've found that when life's brush obscures my view with gloomy strokes that seem to mar the scene, God's hand appears and gives to sunless hue and dreary skies a more majestic sheen." Gustafson

16 February 2009

DAY 12

I overslept this morning but still made time to read the Word and start my morning in prayer. I find great power in this verse, "be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the Lord." Psalm 31:24

Most days I remember to check my RSS feed of My Utmost for His Highest and today was no exception. A worthy read....

The Inspiration of Spiritual Initiative
Arise from the dead . . . —Ephesians 5:14

"We all have many dreams and aspirations when we are young, but sooner or later we realize we have no power to accomplish them. We cannot do the things we long to do, so our tendency is to think of our dreams and aspirations as dead. But God comes and says to us, "Arise from the dead . . . ." When God sends His inspiration, it comes to us with such miraculous power that we are able to "arise from the dead" and do the impossible. The remarkable thing about spiritual initiative is that the life and power comes after we "get up and get going." God does not give us overcoming life— He gives us life as we overcome. When the inspiration of God comes, and He says, "Arise from the dead . . . ," we have to get ourselves up; God will not lift us up. Our Lord said to the man with the withered hand, "Stretch out your hand" (Matthew 12:13 ). As soon as the man did so, his hand was healed. But he had to take the initiative. If we will take the initiative to overcome, we will find that we have the inspiration of God, because He immediately gives us the power of life."
-Oswald Chambers - My Utmost for His Highest

HIGHLIGHTS
*I've decided (as of today!) to add a commitment and commit to only ONE Sonic drink per week. I stopped for a Sonic caramel latte this morning (which I found out is 4 points on Weight Watchers). My habit/addiction has turned into 2-4 a week so it's getting out of control. Chris and I made a commitment last June to give up Starbucks altogether (unless someone else is buying!) until our adoption is final. Well, sadly, my Starbucks addiction turned into "needing" a Sonic fix.
*I realized earlier today when I was in the freezer getting something out that we've had a small tub of Ben & Jerry's ice cream in our home since last Friday and the most I've had is one lick on a spoon!!! This is a VICTORY indeed! Normally I would consume a 16 oz tub all by myself in a matter of a day or two! Woohoo!
*I discovered that one pizza is PLENTY for the 3 of us! For the past few weeks, I've been buying Amy's Organic Cheese pizzas from Trader Joe's and was thoroughly surprised to discover that all it takes is one pizza and a salad to fill us up! For years, I've been making two pizzas at a time which just screams EAT ME so of course we would consume most if not all of them at one meal.
*I'm continuing to track my food and water intake. This is so helpful! I'm not officially on Weight Watchers but I'm able to track most of the points as a guide.
*No workout today.

Onward....

No comments: