Quotes

"I've found that when life's brush obscures my view with gloomy strokes that seem to mar the scene, God's hand appears and gives to sunless hue and dreary skies a more majestic sheen." Gustafson

07 February 2009

DAY 3

The day is ending and I'm grateful to be able to say that I survived my 3rd day - me vs. food! As I sip some yummy decaf my hubs made for me, I'm reflecting on God's graciousness and His ever present help when we call on Him.

A dear friend, had a small group of women over to her home this morning for a "tea party." She blessed and honored us with encouragement and God's Word and served the most incredible brunch I've ever had! Despite the treats and goodies she offered, I was able to eat in moderation and STILL enjoy the yummy foods I so love. It was a huge help (for me) that the portions she served were already moderate so it wasn't as easy for me to OD!

HIGHLIGHTS:
*Enjoyed (yes, actually enjoyed!) 20 minutes of Pilates AND 20 minutes on the treadmill.
*Chose healthier options at meals and didn't overeat.
*Filled up on water all day long.
*Resisted Jason's Deli free frozen yogurt....my favorite!
*I'm continuing to write down everything I eat & drink so I can track what I'm putting into my body.

Psalm 19:13
"Keep Your servant from willful sins;
do not let them rule over me.
Then I will be innocent,
and cleansed from blatant rebellion."

I love this quote by Beth Moore in her book "Get Out of That Pit"...
"Throughout your ascent out of the pit, never lose sight of the fact that God will forever be more interested in you knowing your Healer than experiencing His healing, and knowing your Deliverer than knowing your deliverance. God wants you out of that pit. He wants you in victory. Out of defeat."

Inching toward freedom...

No comments: