Quotes

"I've found that when life's brush obscures my view with gloomy strokes that seem to mar the scene, God's hand appears and gives to sunless hue and dreary skies a more majestic sheen." Gustafson

26 February 2009

DAY 22

I love the book of Psalms! Here's what the Lord allowed me to read this morning before I started my day.

Psalm 139:5-6
"You hem me in - behind and before, You have laid Your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain."

Psalm 143:10
"Teach me to do Your will, for You are my God; may Your good spirit lead me on level ground."

"Level ground" speaks of balance and my interpretation is that when I am doing God's will, I will be balanced and self-controlled in all things.

Well, I did my weigh-in this morning and while I didn't gain, I didn't lose either. Again, my focus isn't dieting or trying to drop tons of weight at once, but sometimes a lower number on the scale really is encouraging. BUT, I will say that I'm focusing my mind on what God has allowed me to accomplish these past 22 days. It hasn't necessarily been weight loss (although I have dropped 3 lbs and have kept it off, small victory!), I've been growing spiritually and haven't been controlled by my food addiction. WOOHOO, this calls for REJOICING!

As I mentioned in my blog last night, I've been wrestling with God about giving something up for Lent. I won't disclose what I'm fasting from but I wanted to at least let you know that I've made another 40 day commitment.

HIGHLIGHTS
*I ate more than normal tonight at dinner and I still have a full belly. I'm trying to figure out why I consumed more. We took Brit to Chic-fil-a as a special treat for doing an INCREDIBLE job at the dentist's today! For those of you on Facebook, I'll be posting pics soon! :)
*No workout
*No sweets today

Looking forward to tomorrow....

No comments: