Quotes

"I've found that when life's brush obscures my view with gloomy strokes that seem to mar the scene, God's hand appears and gives to sunless hue and dreary skies a more majestic sheen." Gustafson

06 February 2009

DAY 2

It's the end of Day 2....and the beginning of the weekend. I'm thankful to be able to say with honesty that God allowed me to live today in freedom. A healthy balance, in all areas. The weekends can be scary for me because typically we eat out more and entertain more with friends (parties, dinners, etc) so I'm going into tomorrow very aware of the temptations that lie ahead. God, give me Your strength!

HIGHLIGHTS:
*Resisted the candy bowl temptation at the bank (typically I grab a handful of tootsie rolls!)
*Went to a Mexican restaurant with a full belly, didn't even have a desire to eat from the basket of chips staring at me. I was able to say NO when offered food.
*Drowned myself in water.

These two verses in Psalms really struck me this morning in my worship time.

Psalm 119:98
"Your commands make me wiser than my enemies, for they are ever with me."

Psalm 40:8
"I desire to do Your will, O my God; Your law is within my heart."

Words of wisdom from Scott Reall (quotes from "Journey to Freedom"):

Consistency + Time + Grace = Transformation

In the valley is the vision.

God made our bodies to carry our spirits around for our human experience. That's it.

God wants me to have a healthy relationship with self and food, to balance.
I want deliverance from bondage.
Go a different way.
Discover a vision.
Turn from my own logic.
Hope thinks new thoughts.

No comments: