Quotes

"I've found that when life's brush obscures my view with gloomy strokes that seem to mar the scene, God's hand appears and gives to sunless hue and dreary skies a more majestic sheen." Gustafson

11 February 2009

DAY 7

Today marks 1 month since Wakia left our home. I have had great sadness today as I've reflected on the impact he had on my life, on our lives. Thinking over the memories we shared together was so sweet. Typically, on days when I'm sad or hurt, I usually eat to stuff my feelings. But today, I was able to name my feelings and rest in God's spaciousness. This was my prayer....

Lord, I want to eat because I'm emotional today. Sad, hurt and angry but in the midst of these feelings, I am glad.

"Gladness is about desiring deeply and having a willingness to walk through pain in the pursuit of the desire." Chip Dodd - The Voice of the Heart

HIGHLIGHTS:
*Pilates for 20 minutes
*Allowed myself 3 of Brit's V-day cookies (I'll be glad when the cookies are out of the house!)
*Wasn't tempted by the V-day candy Brit brought home from her school party.
*Again, didn't EAT to stuff my feelings.
*Continued to track my food and water intake

Another inch forward....

No comments: