Quotes

"I've found that when life's brush obscures my view with gloomy strokes that seem to mar the scene, God's hand appears and gives to sunless hue and dreary skies a more majestic sheen." Gustafson

19 December 2009

Day 5....post Cracker Barrel

It's been a busy day around the house with the fam, clipping coupons and planning for the week, stocking up at the grocery store, Church tonight, dinner at Cracker Barrel and a little Wal-mart shopping (boo!).

I managed to eat within my calories and get in a short workout tonight. We always eat out after Church on Saturday nights so I asked Chris earlier in the day if we could decide where we would go so I could have my calories in hand. I never do well if I'm caught off guard and don't have a plan. He graciously let me pick CB! So, I had chicken tenders (for protein), two sides of green beans (veggies), 1 biscuit w/grape jelly (normally I would have 2) and Dr. Pepper (lately I've been having one a day...a habit I'd like to break sometime soon but for now baby steps!). In the past, I would ALWAYS get mac & cheese and cole slaw with my veggie plate but after looking at those calories, I won't be having those anytime soon! I actually got a side of mac & cheese for the kids but didn't have one bite. Yay!!

I'm off to finish cleaning-up the house and help Chris with the laundry.

Goals met today:
Calories: 1500
Workout: 5 min warm-up and 10 minute intense cario workout

Abundance is....getting a sweet and unexpected compliment from my hubby

No comments: