Quotes

"I've found that when life's brush obscures my view with gloomy strokes that seem to mar the scene, God's hand appears and gives to sunless hue and dreary skies a more majestic sheen." Gustafson

17 December 2009

Day 3 and out of breath

Whew....I'm panting as I type! Dustin (the video trainer) gave a GREAT cardio workout that was really intense. It involves interval training so it's fast pace and according to recent studies, said to be more effective than 30-45 minute cardio workouts. The 10 minute workout involves high knee punching, dumbbell squats and pretend jumping rope in place. I did the workout through twice with a nice warm-up to start.

It's been a great day of eating and self-control. I bought myself a pack of the mini-peppermint patties to have on hand for treats so I can eat those (1 or 2 max/day) when I'm tempted to pig out on chocolate or other desserts. They're low in calories and totally satisfy my sweet tooth.

Little man's Christmas program was yesterday and Brit's was tonight and they both did SO well!! We are so proud of them!!! My heart is full.

Goals met today:
Calories: 1575 - I went over 75 calories because I couldn't just stop at ONE Mrs. Shubert's rolls at dinner...DANG!
Workout: 20 mins (warm-up & cardio)

Abundance is....the smell of banana bread baking (I'm making some for Brit's teacher now and is smells divine!)

No comments: