Quotes

"I've found that when life's brush obscures my view with gloomy strokes that seem to mar the scene, God's hand appears and gives to sunless hue and dreary skies a more majestic sheen." Gustafson

25 April 2010

New journey

I'm quite sure most of my friends and faithful readers have given up on my blogging journals. I've really struggled the past few months with my journey spiritually and physically. Disney was AMAZING and our recent trip to the lake was incredible!

You'll probably roll your eyes when you read this (because it's only the trillionth time I've started over on my weight loss journey) but tomorrow is a NEW day! Thank God His mercies are NEW every day!

I'm recommitting to Weight Watchers starting April 26th. I don't want to bore you but most of my daily blogs will consist of my food journal for that day (God knows I need the accountability!), I'll list WW recipes, give updates on my spiritual journey in addition to my workouts. The numbers on the scale keep rising and it's getting out of control! I desperately need God's strength to stay committed.

When I did WW and walked 4-5 times a week back in 2007, I lost 30 lbs in 3 months. I'm praying for the same commitment and dedication to shed the pounds so I can be healthier and happier with who God is creating me to be.

Thank you for standing by me on my roller coaster rides!

2 comments:

Allison said...

So glad you're back to blogging! I just want to tell you that it doesn't matter how many times you start over--what counts is that you ARE starting over. I know I am right there with you, and I'm pretty sure there aren't any perfect people reading your blog :)

There's a lot I CAN'T do at the moment, thanks to this blessing growing inside of me, but I need to at least start walking everyday! I will be reading your blog to give myself the motivation to get on the treadmill!

Love ya, friend. We need to get together soon!

Brooke said...

Thanks, Ally! So, so appreciate your faithful encouragement and motivation! We'd LOVE to see you guys soon. Let me know when we can work out a playdate. :)