Quotes

"I've found that when life's brush obscures my view with gloomy strokes that seem to mar the scene, God's hand appears and gives to sunless hue and dreary skies a more majestic sheen." Gustafson

26 April 2010

It's been a great day! My sis gave me a beautiful black & white flowered journal on vacation last week so it's now officially my WW journal so I can keep track of my points, workouts, and water intake. Brit and I made a batch of delicious Whole Wheat Zucchini Chocolate Chip muffins (2 pts per muffin). So yummy! And dinner was especially yummy tonight and I didn't go overboard! For my weight & height, my target points per day is 22. Plus, 35 flex points per week to use whenever I want!

Sadly, I let the kids play with my WW calculator so much that it's broken now! URGH! No worries, I found an online website that calculates points for me. I'll just have to be extra prepared ahead of time before eating out so I can calculate the points before hand. I also love Dottis Weight Loss Zone website. She has tons of WW recipes and restaurants with points values.

A friend just told me about the Women's Half Marathon coming up on September 25th and I've already started thinking about training for the Country Music Half Marathon next April. I said I'd NEVER run another Half but I might just change my mind!

Chris had another looooonnnnnggg day at work so I didn't get on the treadmill until 9:45. Just now wrapping up my workout. I'm off to bed so I can get up at 4:25AM and scoot over to D-1 for 5AM boot camp.

Thankful for an encouraging start back on Weight Watchers!

WW Journal 4/26:
Breakfast: Pure Protein Bar (20 grams of protein) - 4 pts
Snack: Banana - 1.5 pts
Lunch: 2 mini bags of popcorn - 2 pts; cheese stick - 2pts; apple - 1 pt
Snack: Trader Joe's all natural strawberry nutrigrain bar - 3 pts
Dinner: Turkey sausage - 7.5 pts; 1/3 c. Trader Joe's Mac & Cheese - 2 pts; 1/4 cup Trader Joe's organic baked beans - 1 pt; strawberry & grape slices - 2pts; 1 TBSP Trader Joe's organic ketchup - 1 pt; Whole Wheat Zucc Choc Chip muffin - 2 pts
TOTAL: 28.5 points
TARGET: 22 points
ACTIVITY POINTS EARNED: 1 pt
TOTAL POINTS USED: 27.5 (5.5 pts are Flex Pts)
WATER: 10 cups
WORKOUT: 40 min brisk walking on treadmill
CRUNCHES: 100 on the exercise ball


Zucchini Chocolate Chip Muffin Recipe


1/3 c sugar
1 c whole wheat flour
1 c quick oats
1 TBSP baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 c shredded zucchini
2 TBSP oil
1 egg, beaten (I used a FF Egg Substitute)
3/4 c skim milk
1/2 c chocolate chips

*Preheat over to 400 degrees. Line muffin tin with cups or spray with cooking spray.
*In a large bowl, stir together dry ingredients.
*In a medium bowl, combine zucchini, oil, egg and milk.
*Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until moist.
*Add chocolate chips.
*Spoon batter into muffin tins and bake for 20 minutes.
*Cool on cooling rack and serve.

Calories: 78 cal
Protein: 2 grams
Carbs: 12 grams
Fat: 3 grams
Fiber: 1 gram
Cholesterol: 8 grams
Sodium: 40 mg
Potassium: 95 mg

3 comments:

Allison said...

Sounds like you had a great, successful first day back :)

Not sure what kind of phone you have, but I know that Blackberry (and probably other smart phones) have a WW app that has a point calculator...just an option!?

Keep up the good work friend, look forward to seeing you sometime in the near future!

Rachel said...

I'm so glad you are back to blogging about your journey cause it is certainly an encouragement on mine.

And thanks for the great muffin recipe!

Brooke said...

Thank you sweet friends!!!! So grateful for your support and encouragement.
Ally-Hope to get an iPhone sometime in the next few months so I'll have access to all the cool apps! :)