Quotes

"I've found that when life's brush obscures my view with gloomy strokes that seem to mar the scene, God's hand appears and gives to sunless hue and dreary skies a more majestic sheen." Gustafson

27 April 2010

WW Journal 4/27

It was an extra EARLY morning because Brit crawled into bed with us at 3:45AM!!! Which NEVER happens!! Then my alarm when off shortly after at 4:20AM. I could've made excuses and stayed in bed, but I chose to get my booty going! On my drive home, I heard a Tobymac song with this lyric, "If you gotta start somewhere, why not here? If you gotta start sometime, why not now?" I feel like this TOTALLY applies to where I am right now spiritually and physically. Love it!

And I read these verses a few weeks ago and they hit me hard! Proverbs 13:4 "the sluggard craves and gets nothing, but the desires of the diligent are fully satisfied."
Vs. 18 "He who ignores discipline comes to poverty and shame." Very convicting and motivating.

WW Journal 4/27:

Pre-workout food at 4:30AM: Banana - 1.5 pts
Breakfast: 2 Whole Wheat Zucchini Choc Chip muffins - 4 pts
Snack: Fruit & nut trail mix bar - 3pts
Lunch: String cheese - 2pts; strawberries & grapes - 1 pts; salad w/almonds & oil & balsalmic vinegar - 6pts
Snack: Peanut Gran Bar - 4pts and Starbucks Coffee Lite Frap - 2pts (Migraine!)
Dinner: WW Sloppy Joes - 6pts; Strawberries & grapes - 2pts; Hamb bun - 2pts; WW Roasted Potatoes - 1pt; 2 TBSP Ketchup - 1pt; Whole Wheat Zucchini Choc Chip muffin - 2pt
TOTAL: 37.5 points
TARGET: 22 points
ACTIVITY POINTS EARNED: 7 pts
TOTAL POINTS USED: 30.5 (8.5 FLEX PTS)
WATER: 10 cups
WORKOUT: 50 min @ boot camp
CRUNCHES: 50 Russian twists

*SIDE NOTE: I'm still floored that I earned 7 activity points today. I thought it was TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE but according to the WW method, this is correct. SO EXCITED!

Here are the two WW recipes I used tonight for dinner (Sloppy Joes & Roasted Potatoes).

Gonna hit Harris Teeter at 6AM tomorrow for triples!

Sweet dreams!


Sloppy Joes

Makes 5 servings

Ingredients:

1 1/2 lbs ground turkey breast (I used 1 lb lean all natural beef)
Cooking spray
1 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
8 oz can, no salt added, tomato sauce
1 cup ketchup
1 1/2 tsp low-salt Worcestire sauce
1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
1 1/2 tbsp yellow mustard
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 tbsp dark brown sugar

Coat a non-stick skillet with cooking spray. Place over medium high heat
until hot. Add turkey breast, onion, and bell pepper. Cook until turkey is
browned, stirring to crumble. Drain in a colander and set aside. Wipe drippings
from skillet with a paper towel. Return turkey to skillet, add tomato sauce
and the rest of the ingredients. Cook over medium heat 10 minutes or until slightly thick.

POINTS: 6


Roasted Potatoes with Garlic


**I omitted the garlic!

Makes 8 servings.

1 pound tiny red potatoes, halved
1 head garlic, cloves separated but not peeled
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper

Arrange potatoes and garlic cloves in a 9 x 13-inch pan. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 to 40 minutes, or until potatoes are tender and garlic is soft. Squeeze the roasted garlic from the peels onto the potatoes. Mix together.

Points: 1 - Serving size: 1 cup - Per serving: 64 Calories, 3.4 g Fat, 0.7 g Fiber, 7.8 g Carbohydrates, 0.9 g Protein, 136 mg Sodium

No comments: