Quotes

"I've found that when life's brush obscures my view with gloomy strokes that seem to mar the scene, God's hand appears and gives to sunless hue and dreary skies a more majestic sheen." Gustafson

28 February 2010

1 month from today....

We'll be finishing up our day at Magic Kingdom! It's hard to believe Brit will be 5 one month from today!!
I've been MIA again friends (as you've noticed) but I'm back tonight. One day at a time! The past few weeks have been stressful and when I'm stressed, I eat like mad and don't have any motivation to work out. I did make it to D-1 this past Thurs night and today I got on the treadmill for 30 mins here at home. It felt good!

I met a wonderful lady last week who chooses not to eat sweets because of the way it makes her feel. She's thin and extremely health concise. Her commitment to not eat sugary foods/drinks, really inspired me. So last Wed, I decided to give it a try. It's Sunday night and I'm here to say I haven't had any sweets or white flour items or sugary drinks since Tuesday night. I've been consuming tons of juicy fruits - strawberries, grapes and pineapple to satisfy my sweet tooth. And the real shocker is, I've even had unsweet tea twice and really enjoyed it! Who would've thought this Southern gal could give up sweet tea! I'm not going to make an unrealistic commitment about my sugar detox but I will say I'm taking it one day at a time and I haven't even missed sweets. No Starbucks, no sodas, no cookies....it's been so freeing and it hasn't been hard!
Another fun thing...Chris and I are starting the gallon challenge tomorrow for the month of March. His trainer drank a gallon of water a day for a month and lost 30 lbs and didn't change any of his eating habits. Seems doable so we're going to start in the morning! Guess I'll be in the bathroom most of the month if you're looking for me. :)

I just read this article about water vs. coke and it was VERY enlightening and shocking! Thought I'd share....http://dustinmaherfitness.com/2010/02/28/water-or-soda/

Peace!

2 comments:

Allison said...

Glad to see you're back! And congrats on staying sugar-free :) That's a hard thing to do!

How exciting that Brit's almost 5!!! They grow up so fast, don't they?!

Keep up the work, and remember...slow and steady wins the race!

Brooke said...

Thanks, Ally! Slow and steady...that's what I'm going for this time around! Maybe my renewed commitments will last this time. :)