Quotes

"I've found that when life's brush obscures my view with gloomy strokes that seem to mar the scene, God's hand appears and gives to sunless hue and dreary skies a more majestic sheen." Gustafson

04 March 2010

Only 23 more days!

Let's give it up for Disney in 23 days!! Woohoo! And to add to the excitement, I just finished my 3rd day this week at boot camp! I've met a few more people who have been so encouraging. This morning my new partner is the Director for an adoption agency here in town...so it was fun chatting with her. She told me to come back in the morning...which would make 4 times this week and my 3rd day in a row. I will say it HELPS to have people rooting for you and holding you accountable.

I'm on day 4 of the gallon challenge and haven't had any trouble getting my gallon in every day. I just feel like I'm floating all the time (or in the bathroom!). And today marks 1 week since I cut out sugary foods and white flour. I feel GREAT! My skin feels better, no migraines and I have more energy. I weighed myself last weekend and had dropped 2 lbs and have decided not to weigh myself again until Saturday. I don't want to get obsessed about the number on the scale. The most important thing is that I'm eating healthier (I'm CRAVING fruit for my sweets) and taking better care of my body. I even sat down with a small bowl of grapes while we watched American Idol last night. I've NEVER done that in my life! :)

Feeling strong...Lord, help me stay the course.

1 comment:

Allison said...

You are amazing...and you inspire me! I need to get back into the swing of things, but I have not felt well enough to stand up most days let alone exercise! Hoping that in a few weeks that will change...

I am so proud of you for your gallon a day and for trading in the sugary foods. I think I'm gonna go have a bowl of grapes while I watch the Idol results now :) Just bought some today!

One day at a time...one foot in front of the other. xo