Quotes

"I've found that when life's brush obscures my view with gloomy strokes that seem to mar the scene, God's hand appears and gives to sunless hue and dreary skies a more majestic sheen." Gustafson

11 March 2010

"Get off your but!"

Alarm beeped at 4:25AM and I laid in bed for 5 minutes making excuses about why I couldn't get my buns out of bed. Thankfully, I made the best decision and got to bootcamp just in time for another kick butt session! Lots of running up and down stairs, burpies, sprinting and team exercises. Somewhere in between the huffing and puffing, I heard Coach Carter say, "You have to get off your but!" Not your backside, BUT the excuses we make. "But I can't workout because...." or "But I'm too tired..." This really slapped me in the face because I'm the QUEEN of using "but" statements! By the end of the session, we had one lap to go around the field and out of nowhere I was overcome with energy and sprinted like I've never done before! It felt so good...I can tell I'm building stamina and strength. Maybe I won't quit after all!

Still killing the water and laying off sugary/white flour foods. I can tell I'm toning up a little but not like I had hoped for. So, it's time to start counting calories again. I've been slacking in that department and obviously that's the key to getting the fat to melt off. I feel like I'm making good choices all around EXCEPT for keeping track of my caloric intake. Off to write in my journal....

1 comment:

Allison said...

Love the "get off your but" quote! You are doing great! Keep your eye on the prize...

Thanks for inspiring me!